Berlin Cathedral is the most important protestant church in Germany and is thus a magnet for choirs, orchestras and ensembles from all over the world. Over 100 concerts and events take place every year in Berlin Cathedral, some with very well-known professional musicians.
Due to the strong demand from amateur choirs from all over the world, we have set aside time on Mondays to Fridays before midday prayers from 11.30 to 11.45 for short performances (not concerts) by guest choirs.
If you are interested in doing a short performance before midday prayers, please complete the application form and send it to domkantorei(a)berlinerdom.de. This form does not give you an entitlement to perform, nor is it a guarantee.
You are welcome to attend midday prayers afterwards at 12 noon and help reinforce the congregational singing. The prayers last approx. 15 minutes.
Please observe the following conditions for a guest performance before midday prayers at Berlin Cathedral:
- Singers should report to the custodian at portal 2 (seen in the cathedral ambulatories far left from the ‘Lustgarten’ park) no later than 11.25.
- Accompanying persons and family members need to buy a entry ticket at the cathedral’s ticket office (in the cathedral ambulatories on the far right-hand side).
- Those accompanying children’s choirs have free entry and should go with the choir to portal 2.
- Additional rooms cannot be provided. A warm-up for the singers in the cathedral is therefore not possible. Please put your coats in the front pews.
- The choir stand in front of the altar steps to sing.
- Unfortunately, use of a keyboard instrument, organ or any other instrument is not possible.
- Please sing an ecclesiastical programme appropriate for the space lasting a maximum of 15 minutes.
- Please ensure that the sanctuary and the rows of chairs are clear by 11.50 at the latest, so that midday prayers can be prepared with dignity.
- The performance may not be advertised as a “free concert in the cathedral” or similar. The sale of CDs or the distribution of advertising material is not possible.
- Photos are permitted for private use only. Publication on official choir websites requires separate, chargeable permission.
- For questions on site, please contact the cathedral warden on duty.
Berlin Cathedral reserves the right to cancel your performance at any time and at short notice if necessary due to current rehearsal and event dates.