1. PURPOSE OF THIS DATA PRIVACY DECLARATION
- The protection of your personal data is a top priority for us. The following contains important information about the storage of data, the type of data, its purpose and our identity. We will also notify you of the first transmission and the type of data transmitted, as well as the security measures in place.
- The term ‘personal information’ denotes all data that contains information about the personal or material matters of a particular customer. These include, for example, name, email address, home address, date of birth or telephone number.
2. RESPONSIBLE BODY
- The responsible body as dictated by the data privacy laws of the Evangelical Church in Germany (‘DSG-EKD’) and, at the same time, as dictated by the German Telemedia Act (TMG) is stated in the Legal Notice.
3. RECORDING AND USING YOUR DATA
- The extent and nature of the collection and use of your data differs depending on whether you simply visit our website to retrieve information, or use the services offered by us:
- Information search: It is, in principle, not necessary for you to provide personal information in order to be able to use our Internet presence. Rather, in such a case we only collect and use that data which your internet browser automatically sends to us:
- Date and time of when our Internet pages were accessed
- Your browser type
- The browser settings
- The operating system in use
- The last website visited by you
- The transferred amount of data and the access status
- Your IP address.
- This data will be stored separately from any other information you may provide. This is evaluated for statistical purposes in order to optimise our websites and offers. There is no further linking with other data. The data is deleted after its evaluation.
- Enquiries or orders by email If you choose to contact us using the contact form or email, we will store your email address in order to respond to your enquiry or, upon request, to send you our brochures from our own server.
- We only use so-called session cookies or temporary cookies which are cached exclusively during your use of one of our websites. The purpose of these cookies is to continue to identify your computer during your visit to our website, when you are switching between different pages, and so that we are able to identify the end of your session.
- The cookies are deleted as soon as you complete your browser session.
- The settings in your browser determine whether cookies can be set and retrieved. You have the option of disabling cookies in your browser altogether, or you may configure your browser to automatically notify you when a cookie is about to be applied, prompting a notification from you. For technical reasons, the use of session cookies is, however, required in order to be able to enjoy all the functions available on our Internet presence.
- The collection or storage of personal data using cookies does not take place in this context. We also do not use any technology that allows us to link or evaluate the information obtained through cookies with other user data.
5. DATA SECURITY
We implement technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal data as it is created or collected, in particular to ensure its protection against manipulation, loss or unauthorised access. Our security measures are continuously adapted and kept in line with technological developments.
6. DURATION OF DATA STORAGE
Your personal data will only be stored for as long as is necessary for the provision of our services. From time to time, the retention of data may be required due to statutory or other legal obligations.
7. RIGHT OF REVOCATION, APPEAL AND DISCLOSURE
- We would like to point out that you may revoke your consent to the future use of your information under data privacy laws at any time.
- You also have the option to request the disclosure of any information stored about you, including details relating to the source of such data, recipients or categories of recipients to whom the data is transmitted, and the purpose of its storage.
- Please use the address provided in the legal notice.
8. USE OF SOCIAL PLUGINS
Our website uses social plugins (plugins) from various social networks such as ‘facebook.com’ or ‘Twitter’. These plug-ins are identifiable by the respective logos.
If you access a web page within our website using the corresponding social plug-ins, your browser establishes a direct connection with the severs belonging to the respective operator of the logo (e.g. facebook.com or twitter.com). The content of the plugin is transferred by the service provider directly to your browser, and integrated by the provider into the website. Please note that data processing by Facebook, Twitter and Yahoo takes place outside the European Union. Furthermore, we have no influence over the extent of data collection through the use of social plug-ins, and would therefore like to inform you to the best of our knowledge that:
Through the integration of social plug-ins the providers are informed that you have accessed a particular website within our Internet offering. If you are logged in to a social media service such as Facebook, Twitter or Delicious, the provider will be able to link your visit to your account. If you interact with the plug-in, e.g. by clicking on the Facebook ‘Like button’ or leaving a comment, this information is transmitted directly from your browser to the respective service provider and stored there. If you are not part of a social network, there is still the possibility that the provider can become aware of your IP address and store it accordingly. Please consult the respective data privacy declaration for information on the purpose and scope of data collection, the additional processing and use of data by the service provider, and your own respective rights:
The social network ‘Facebook’ is operated by the company Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA and has the following European branch: Facebook Ireland Limited, Hanover Reach, 5-7 Hanover Quay, Dublin 2 Ireland.
You can prevent the inclusion of social plug-ins as well as the use of software employed for the purposes of website analysis, by using appropriate software such as the programme ‘Ghostery’.
Furthermore, by logging out from the respective social network – such as Facebook – this can prevent the respective network from assigning the harvested data to your profile when you access our Internet offering.
9. USE OF GOOGLE ANALYTICS
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (‘Google’). Google Analytics uses so-called ‘cookies’, text files that are stored on your computer and which allow the analysis of your use of the website. The information generated by the cookie concerning your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. If, however, IP anonymisation has been activated on this website your IP address will be truncated beforehand by Google within member states of the European Union or other contracting states to the European Economic Area. Only under exceptional circumstances will your full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and truncated there. Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to render other services in relation to website activity and Internet usage on behalf of the operator of this website. The IP address provided by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data. You can prevent the storage of cookies by using a corresponding setting in your browser software; however, should you choose to do so, you may not be able to use all of the features of this website to their full extent. You may also prevent the data recorded by the cookie concerning your use of the website (incl. your IP address) from being passed on to Google, as well as the processing of this data by Google, by simply clicking on the link below (http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de), by downloading the available browser plug-in and installing it. As an alternative to the browser plug-in you can click on this link in order to prevent the recording of such data through Google Analytics on this website in future. An opt-out cookie is stored on your end device here. If you delete your cookies, you must click on the link again.
For more information please go to www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html or. unter www.google.de/intl/de/policies/ (general information on Google Analytics and data privacy). We would like to point out that, on this website, Google Analytics has been extended to include the code ‘gat._anonymizeIp();’, in order to guarantee the anonymous collection of IP addresses (so-called IP masking).