The childrens services of worship-Group is without doubt one of the most exciting and cheerful jobs at the Cathedral. Every Sunday morning they hold a children’s service of worship with all 3 to 12-year-olds. They share biblical stories, pray and do crafts together with our youngest members of the flock, during which they are rewarded with the gift of mesmerised looks on children's faces.
Ideally, they prepare the children's services of worship in pairs, and then lead them as a team. The average preparation time – including monthly prep meetings – is 3-4 hours per children's service of worship. You simply have to be able to find joy and fun in teaching our faith to children. You will be slowly introduced to this service by our team’s experienced volunteers. The individual Sundays are discussed at the monthly preparatory meetings in a team along with Cathedral Dean Michael Kösling.
- Leading children's services of worship during the main service of worship on Sunday at 10 AM
- Preparation of the topic / craft template
- Above all, helpers should love the presence of children and find joy in proclaiming the gospel
- Patience, curiosity, a certain amount of pedagogical skill and creativity are also beneficial
- Preparation time for services of worship, meeting once a month